We are one of the first, rare, hybrid studios of our kind: an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof, each of us is a master of our craft bringing stories to the screen from concept to completion.
About the Position
An Animation Lead is responsible for all aspects of the animation process during the production of an animated film or animated segment for a project. You are responsible for the creation of 3D character animation that meets the originality, creative and technical quality standards of our projects. The Animation Lead also mentors and sets the example for others.
You are responsible for creating animated sequences of characters, objects, and cameras. You have extensive work experience using, manipulation, and cleaning up motion capture data. You are proficient with Keyframe animation and strong fundamentals such as posing, timing, and pacing. When others describe you, they say you are a great problem solver with a willingness to learn new tools and pipelines. You are passionate about creating memorable cinematic sequences.
- Being a lead proves how responsible you are to Goldtooth. The crew depends on the Leads of departments to keep the production moving and keep the plan on track.
- Review shots, approve shots, assign revisions, troubleshoot shots.
- Ensure quality goals of animation.
- Estimate work loads for new business (bids) with the Executive Producer- Business Development and Studio Executive Producer
- Write animation tools or work with tools team (when time permits)
- Oversee the animation department: Is responsible for participating in recruitment where needed and working with Studio Executive Producer and Producer in managing the overall budget.
- Provide feedback to the Animators and team of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
- Participate in the recruiting and staffing of team with the recruiter and Studio Executive Producer and assesses the profiles of prospective candidates for hiring.
- Monitors Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and other software programs.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently at times to find the best design solutions
- An amazing demo reel showcasing character key frame animation, motion capture data, and camera animation with a strong sense of cinematic timing and pacing.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Ability to present the work of your team and communicate the vision to others
- Understand motion capture techniques and application (face and body)
If you think you’ve got what it takes, and you can put check marks next to most of what we’re looking for, please submit your resume and link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.