We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Possessing a broad knowledge base that covers the basics of modeling, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering. Our CG Generalist/Modeler is responsible for handling general 3D tasks as required but will need to have a strong understanding of environment modeling. You will create 3D models with texture, color, and lighting. It is essential you have a “can do” attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions.
- Able to model and sculpt hard-surface and organic 3D assets with or without concepts
- Participates in modeling, rigging, animation, texture, lighting and compositing needs of the project.
- Follows Goldtooth data storage/data naming and retrieval processes outlined in studio
- Makes sure that all work done is accounted for and entered into Shotgun daily
- Identifies problems with respect to timelines and delivery schedules and flags these to the senior team
- The CG Generalist/Environment Modeler should have 1-3 years of industry experience in games and/or film
- A fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props
- Demonstrating strong proficiency in usage of 3D and 2D software tools: Maya & Photoshop
- Knowledge of other software such as Nuke, Z-Brush and RealFlow
- Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools, video game engines and emerging technologies
- Game Engine experience is an asset
- A strong creative eye and a problem-solving attitude
- Communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org