We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry. We can do everything from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on time and on quality.
About the Position
The Finance Manager is responsible for all financial and accounting functionalities on projects, including production budgeting, forecasting, resource quota planning, financial reporting and ad-hoc analysis. The position works closely with the accountant, executive producers, production managers, and directors to forecast and manage client contracts.
- Manages all financial aspects of production accounting: including budgeting, cashflow, cost tracking, variance analysis, and forecasting of final estimated cost.
- Responsible for Financial Planning and Reporting and advise pertaining to these areas
- Responsible for cash management, global budget, accrual accounting and helping company remain on financial targets
- Organizes and maintain the finance server
- Responsible for providing analytical post-mortems after projects are completed to ensure Goldtooth is continuously mitigating risk
- Assists with budgeting VFX films (pre-production to post)
- Prepares estimated cost forecasting, variance analysis and reporting
- Analyzes cause of change/variance tracking reporting
- Authorizes expenditures for the company in all areas
- Responsible for calculating SR&ED tax credits
- Maintains payroll and year-ends
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Performs complex financial analysis on an as needed basis
- Maintains historical financial related production records
- Ensures productions adherence to established corporate and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepares audit backup to support all show expenditures as needed
- A track record of professional and commercial experience, with at least 3 years in strategy, management consulting, or a business leadership role
- Experience working with online products and/or games/VFX
- Microsoft Excel power user
- A self-starter, comfortable working with significant amounts of autonomy
- Highly analytical, with exceptional experience with data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong proven track record of being a team player
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to quickly prioritize between many good ideas
- Flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic
- MBA preferred
- FileMaker knowledge a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.