We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
FX Leads gather a variety of 3D assets produced Layout and Animation departments and use render system and custom pipeline tools, to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations.
- Use an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena while developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot
- Create working test composites for review by the CG Supersivor, Creative Director and Producer
- Work in partnership with lighters &compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Stay on schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of work
- At least 3 years of similar experience in either feature films and/or visual effects (TV, Games)
- Demonstrated experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle rendering voxel based systems
- An eye for details, good sense of timing, and through understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Experience in live action FX work preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and/ or Houdini
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Familiarity with at least one node based compositing application (Shake and/or Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process.
- Strong understanding of linux/ unix based operating systems
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality results
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Flexible and adaptable
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org