Junior IT Assistant
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
As the IT Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting with the daily operational maintenance of the network, server, and storage infrastructure. This position requires a technical background and experience in Windows and Mac environments. Working with the IT Manager, you touch every aspect of IT from desktop machines, render farm, network switches, storage, software, and hardware. You have great relationship building skills and are able to communicate your ideas in person and in writing extremely well.
- Installation, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and software
- Assisting staff with any IT questions, and ensuing IT policy is being implemented.
- Assisting the Senior Systems Administrator with any projects that may be in progress.
- Monitor the health of Goldtooth systems, and proactively address any issues.
- Gather feedback from staff, and suggest improvements to IT systems / policy where appropriate
- Update / Create IT documentation for the studio.
- Work on small scale projects, as directed by the Senior Systems Administrator
- Other IT related duties as required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in IT supporting multi-platform environments (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Familiarity with VFX studio requirements and working knowledge of a feature film pipeline
- Window Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Linux experience (Centos/Fedora, Ubuntu)
- Experience in Windows and or Linux Networking, including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Experience in high-end network systems (Force10 switch or Cisco CLI experience and Palo Alto Networks firewall experience an asset)
- Excellent problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction
- Some heavy lifting required so ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Hands on experience of PC builds, software and hardware
The following would be considered an asset:
- Render queue management (Rush)
- experience of computer animation production and/or 3D software and/or rendering systems desirable
- Disaster Recovery planning, implementation and testing
- High Availability and failover scenarios, load balanced environments
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com