Lead Pipeline Developer
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
The Lead Pipeline Developer works closely with the CG supervisor and other supervisors to build and improve the CG animation pipeline. The work involves developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting production tools across a variety of departments including modeling, animation, lighting and compositing. This position requires strong scripting skills in Python and MEL, and the ability to design high quality, robust tools. Software development skills are a big plus.
- Scripted tool and UI development and support
- Research and recommend improvements to workflow and communication
- Troubleshooting of artist issues with the pipeline
- Identifying and developing pipeline automation tools while maintaining existing tool set
- Track and resolve bug reports submitted by Production
- Work closely with artists and supervisors to understand production needs
- Work closely with IT to optimize network performance
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Maya, Nuke and Python / PyQt
- Knowledgeable in Shotgun, Alembic
- Familiar with Render farm software
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self motivated, enthusiastic attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently at times to find the best design solutions
- Experience and knowledge in any of the following: Software Development, Motion Builder, Rush, Arnold Renderer, Houdini, Unity and Unreal engine
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.