Motion Graphics Artist
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
A Motion Graphics Artist at Goldtooth must be able to work both on their own and in a team setting on a diverse array of projects. Often this position entails designing elements from scratch based on client reference and internal direction. In addition to design, this position requires great skills in animation and a clear understanding of working in a 3D work-space. Projects at Goldtooth are closely woven into a CGI and/or Live Action VFx pipeline, and previous experience in 3D Camera animation and rendering in Aftereffects, Cinema4D, Maya and/or Nuke is a real asset. As a Motion Graphics Artist, you will work closely with a Director to achieve the vision of our client and report to a Producer to hit the production deliverable on time and on budget.
- Responsible for designing custom interfaces, motion graphics templates and 2D and 3D animations/art assets in After Effects
- Has the ability to create and execute on given storyboards or suggest alternative designs
- Design trained to understand typography, movement and layout
- Supports the ideation, development and fulfillment of compelling motion and entertainment projects with an eye for quality and detail
- Responsible for delivering projects on time, on budget, and in a professional manner
- Contributes to the development of techniques or procedures to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Has the desire and motivation to learn new tools, wherever needed, with a passion for quality, and a need to push artistic abilities to the limit
- Minimum of 2-3 years of motion graphic design experience in a similar industry
- Thorough knowledge, experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with a primary focus on After Effects, Final Cut & Photoshop
- 3D animation experience using Cinema 4D or 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Exceptional design and illustration skills would be considered an asset
- High-level editing skills; including a good sense of timing, continuity and screen composition
- Good organizational skills. Ability to maintain a collection of source materials and assets
- Has the ability and willingness to make necessary creative suggestions.
- Proven, highly collaborative working style
- Possess a strong internal desire to continually explore and improve personal design abilities and understanding
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and work under tight deadlines is required
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task
- Proven ability to work as a great team member with great communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel to email@example.com.