We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Rigging/Character TDs work closely with animators to make sure any specific technical issues are accounted for, but their primary duty is to take a static 3D mesh and make it ready for animation—a process called rigging.
At Goldtooth a Rigger has the following responsibilities:
- Build robust character rigs to Theatrical Feature standard
- Maintain and improve existing rigs,
- RnD new technique for future rigs,
- Maximize the use of existing assets while developing a flexible framework for future projects
- Develop and maintain animation tools and character interfaces pose/animation library animation utilities dynamic parenting
- Continue to develop character pipeline and rigging script libraries.
- Assist animators with shot specific technical issues.
- Develop crowd system to speed up layout and animation of highly populated shots.
- Evaluate and recommend tools/plug-ins or software to help improve production
- Graduation from a VFX school and 1+ years proven experience in animation/feature film/broadcast visual effects production
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation
- Understanding of puppet and control philosophy
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, volumes and masses, dynamics and character motion
- Excellent understanding of the animation process, from storyboard to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Production knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL required
- Ability to be methodical, thorough and patient, with a good eye for detail
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes
- Ability to deliver on schedule, working under pressure if required
- Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org