Senior FX Artist
We’re looking for a talented Senior FX Artist to join our team to develop and produce high quality FX work that meets the challenges of productions deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to problem solve and work within a given framework, while creating efficient technical workflow solutions that meet the guidelines of a given production. Most importantly, you are able to engage as an enthusiastic team player and follow creative direction to assure all FX efforts achieve their visual target.
- Use an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena while developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot
- Create working test composites for review by the CG Supervisor, Creative Director and Producer
- Work in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Stay on schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of work
- 5+ years of similar experience in either feature films and/or visual effects.
- Knowledge and experience creating run time game engine FX is an asset.
- Extensive particle and fluid simulation experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle rendering voxel based systems
- An eye for detail, good sense of timing, and thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Extensive knowledge of Houdini
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Knowledge of a node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality results
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone