- Responsible for final 3D scene assembly and rendering of elements required to complete visual effects shots.
- Follow Goldtooth’s data storage/data naming and retrieval processes outlined in studio.
- Engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences and research and development
- Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve 3D challenges and develop final look.
- Makes sure that all work done is accounted for and entered into Shotgun daily.
- Balance the creative needs, technical resources and time available.
- Composite shots for the show in a timely manner.
- Seamless integration of live action, miniature and CGI sources.
- Take part as a leader in Comp Dailies.
- Perform comp setup tasks for junior compositors, where needed.
- Identify problems that could potentially present with respect to timelines and delivery schedules and flags these to the senior team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Maya and Nuke as well as a general understanding of film production / post production techniques in a production environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- The ability to work well within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment.
- Experience with Arnold would be an asset.
- Understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design is a must.
- Notable production experience with 3D lighting and/or look development.
- At least 5 years of compositing experience in the VFX and or film industry.
- Knowledge of keying, 3D integration, camera projection, colour correction and rotoscope.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D tracking and stabilization.
- Experience with live action and photo-real CG projects
- Eye for photo-realism.
- The ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to complete entire shots alone or working within a team.
- Must be a team player and able to take direction positively.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all submissions however only successful candidates will be contacted.