Mid – Senior Rigging TD
We’re looking for a Senior Rigging TD to join our Vancouver studio on various exciting projects. You will be working alongside our CG Supervisor to create controls for digital characters. You will also be working closely with our Animation team to design a set of controls that support all of the desired range of poses and behaviors required for these characters.
- Work with our CG Generalist team to create a model that meets the rigging and sims technical requirements.
- Collaboration in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project.https://goldtooth.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=careers
- Provide technical support to the Animation team.
- Writes utility scripts and software code that streamline character set-up/rigging process.
- Work with the CG Supervisor to prioritize tasks and inform key individuals of progress, changes or any other critical issues.
- Develops realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and complex creatures.
- Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable animators to create realistic animation.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role at a VFX Studio, Production and/or Games company.
- Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters/objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of bio-mechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- A good understanding of body and facial deformations.
- A good understanding of cloth, hair and rigid body simulations.
- Thorough understanding of weighting and skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges.
- Must be proficient in MEL and Python, Maya API, and Perl scripting skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with Ziva and Maya
- Excellent problem solver with a proactive attitude, good multi-tasking and communication skills.