- Work with our CG Generalist team to create a model that meets the rigging and sims technical requirements.
- Collaboration in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project.https://goldtooth.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=careers
- Provide technical support to the Animation team.
- Writes utility scripts and software code that streamline character set-up/rigging process.
- Work with the CG Supervisor to prioritize tasks and inform key individuals of progress, changes or any other critical issues.
- Develops realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and complex creatures.
- Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable animators to create realistic animation.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role at a VFX Studio, Production and/or Games company.
- Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters/objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of bio-mechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- A good understanding of body and facial deformations.
- A good understanding of cloth, hair and rigid body simulations.
- Thorough understanding of weighting and skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges.
- Must be proficient in MEL and Python, Maya API, and Perl scripting skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with Ziva and Maya
- Excellent problem solver with a proactive attitude, good multi-tasking and communication skills.
Other Opportunities at Goldtooth