- Collaborate with the supervising teams to determine the technical and creative approach to an asset as well as provide solutions for technical issues.
- Attend dailies, reviews and team meetings as required.
- Work with Modelers to create a model that meets the rigging and cfx technical requirements.
- Collaborate in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project.
- Understanding of body and facial deformations.
- Understanding of cloth, hair and rigid body simulations.
- Able to provide technical support for the animation team.
- Write utility scripts and software code that streamline character set-up / rigging process.
- Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently.
- Must have strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Motivate, mentor and support the team to consistently strive towards excellence.
- Work with CG Supervisor to prioritize tasks and inform key individuals of progress, changes or any other critical issues.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and complex creatures
- Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable animators to create realistic animation
- Work with senior TD’s in the studio to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline
- 5+ years experience rigging in Maya in a professional production environment
- 2 years minimum lead experience
- Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters/objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of bio-mechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals
- Thorough understanding of weighting and skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges
- Must be proficient in both MEL and Python, Maya API, and Perl scripting skills
- Ability to supervise and mentor rigging artists
- Great attitude and ability to work with others and communicate well with all team members
- Strong ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
Other Opportunities at Goldtooth